Friday, January 08, 2021

Islands of Peace

In a world of chaos, my place of work has been an island of sanity. Maybe it's because we spend so much time tending to children, but there is very little mention of politics. We corral toddlers, wipe noses, read stories, and supervise playground activities. There are diapers to be changed, meals to be served, and projects to complete. Boo boos get kissed, tears are brushed away, hugs are abundant, and smiles are endless. Yes, it can be frustrating, because children are trying, but at the end of the day I'm grateful for the sanity of a crazy daycare center.

It's been another week of introspection. There are so many things I can't share here... I am absolutely certain God intends to use my life experiences for the benefit of others, but I am not entirely convinced I will be totally aware of it happening because so very often God simply does things. And He uses us. I pray I have already been an voice of encouragement to another hurting mom. I am so grateful for the hurting mom who took the time last February to meet me for a cup of coffee. She brought more healing in the course of an hour or two than I ever thought possible, even though I knew I desperately needed her. It took another insightful friend to connect us, and I am thankful for her as well.


6 comments:

  1. God does place the right people in our paths when we desperately need it most.
    I'm so glad that the day care place is such an island of refuge. We all need that too.
    Love that photo of the little one holding Curious George in the typical toddler way.
    Precious
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find myself getting worried or agitated, I remember how God so wonderfully provides for my every need. He always knows ahead of time.
      She's a pretty special little one, that monkey holder.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it wonderful how God brings people into our lives, and then gives us the opportunity to pay it forward. That has happened to me over the years. I miss little ones. If my dearest wasn't in need of me, I would volunteer for the nursery at church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often I wonder what wonderful person God has waiting. Either for me to minister to, or to minister to me. I will be forever grateful for His gift of you.

      Delete
  3. Be thankful that you have such a nice escape from the crazy that our world currently is. I am thankful that God brings the right people into our lives at the right time.

    ReplyDelete