Wednesday, December 02, 2020

The Plans of Mice and Men

 Our baby's heart surgery has been postponed. The hospital only operates on healthy babies and little Henry decided to get a cold 2 days before his scheduled hospital stay. To say his mom is frustrated might be an understatement. I told her it is okay to be disappointed and upset and still trust God at the same time. It been such an exhausting month already and so much mental energy has been poured into gearing up for this event. God's timing is perfect, but doesn't mean it isn't hard.

I have to admit, I wasn't quite ready to find my car covered with snow this morning. Yes, it is December, but I still wasn't ready. Lucky for me I caught Sergio out in the driveway brushing the snow off his car and asked him to start mine so it could warm up while I finished getting ready for work. I'm not ready for the weeks of dark afternoons either, but I do plan to use them wisely. My room is comfy and cozy and evenings are the perfect time to de-stress and unwind tangles of heart and mind. A little music, an online puzzle or two, and maybe a chat with a friend all help me along the road to being whole.  It's okay if I listen to a little classic rock here and there, yes?


8 comments:

  1. Oh the ups and downs of life! Glad we can trust God's timing. He is such a doll. Sending love and blessing to all of you!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is gaining weight in the meantime. This is good.

      Delete
  2. Yes, classic rock...and maybe Christmas Tree rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES !!
    Listen to what fills your heart and mind with joy.
    So sorry about the postponement of surgery but as you said..God's timing is perfect and so is His protection. Better time...who knows.
    I love how you describe your room and the way it unwinds the tangles of heart and mind.
    You have a beautiful way with words.
    Stay warm, stay safe and keep the Light burning in Heart and Home.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my room. I have plans for it. We'll see if they ever come to fruition.

      Delete
  4. Henry is beautiful, and the very hairs of his head are also numbered, but it is frustrating when you've emotionally prepared, then have to wait. I'm so glad you love your room, it is a cozy looking place. You would get a 100%, A++, in Making The Best of Things 101, Martha.

    ReplyDelete