Sunday, December 13, 2020

Last Week's Bits and Pieces

* Last week was long and melancholy. Some weeks are like that. I'm thankful most are not.

* My sweet Bethany will not need another surgery to remove her appendix. The latest scan showed it to be only an inch long, far smaller than a normal appendix, and healed. If it ever gives her trouble, it will be nothing like the trouble it caused in early November. We are grateful.

* My car is now wearing its winter boots. I am ready for snow should it ever see fit to arrive. It also has a new exhaust system and a pretty new inspection sticker. Have I ever told you how thankful I am for my savings account? Now I am thankful for what is left of it.

* Last weekend The Trio (Numbers 2, 3, and 4) and I made gingerbread houses. I went to their house for the first time since I can't remember when, and even stayed for supper. It was wonderful!

* Even though it was cold yesterday, it was warm enough to go down to the lake for a bit. I filled a Snapple bottle halfway with beach glass. The waves have been active and the shoreline lonely. Perfect for pieces to wash onto the stones.

* I finally got around to sorting through some more stuff. I have three boxes by the back door waiting for a ride. One, full of craftiness, will be going to work with me. (I am a collector of good intentions. Good craft intentions.)

* It's been a good weekend. Back to work tomorrow. Back to loving the littles.

4 comments:

  1. I love beach glass, how neat you collected some. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I hear you on the Collector of good intentions..I'm right there on the top of the list.
    Today is a melancholy day for me also. Its gray and my savings account is empty, the post office line was miles long and we didn't get to have our annual Christmas get together with the extended family. Our "lockdown" is driving me crazy and sad.
    But
    Through it all I know that God is in charge and Hubby and I are healthy and grateful for each day.
    I love that when you are feeling "blue" that you are getting out and doing some therapy..ie, collecting glass...that is a real boost. Happy you could visit your family and that you get to love on the Littles again.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lockdowns are depressing, and yours is more oppressive than ours. I am sorry. Yes, God is in charge, even when it seems as though He's left the room for a bit.
      I took a big box of craftiness to work today and some of my coworkers had some fun looking through it. It made me smile and I felt just a little lighter for having let it go.
      Love you!

      Delete