Monday, December 14, 2020

Missing the Bus

I missed the bus today. Overslept. No, I don't really take the bus, but I did oversleep. Woke up when I should have been heading out the door. The glowing numbers on my clock startled me awake. I called the daycare to let Heather know I would be late. Normally if I wake up late I throw on some clothes and fly out the door, but not today. Today I took my shower and blow-dried my hair. I knew we wouldn't have five babies before 8:30 am and so I was not too incredibly worried. Turned out that we had only four babies all day long and won't have more than that for the entire week.My boss and I decided I will go in from 9 am to 6 pm for the rest of the week.

Here at home we are beginning the countdown to the arrival of Little Brother, Number 15. He is due mid January and we're all pretty excited. His clothes and car seat are all washed. His bedroom his ready and now we wait. Number 16 will make her appearance in late April or early May. (Yes! I said she!!!) How cool is that? I am amassing quite the collection of sweet grandchildren! These two darling both have names, but I'm keeping that a surprise.

The house is feeling chilly lately. All the mild late fall weather has made us soft. This next week is going to shock us back into reality.

Photos are "borrowed" from my boy in Minnesota. That's our Santa Baby, Number 13, also known as Jonah.

4 comments:

  1. Can Jonah be any cuter?
    No I don't think so. What a cutie..I sure miss Grandma smooches. Its going to be a long time before this Grandma gets some great grands.
    Enjoy your schedule this week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could not be any cuter, unless he was here with me. I had the blessed opportunity to hold him as he slept our last night in Michigan at the end of July. Though I desperately wanted to be outside by the fire with my children, I instead soaked in what I knew would be my one and only chance to adore him in that way. So glad I did.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness..that is the cutest Santa I've ever seen! Oh Martha, I miss the little ones. My adult grandchildren are not interested in marriage or children. Breaks my heart. I will probably die with only 2 great grandsons. And they are already 12 and 13!! Oh well, I will enjoy the ones I have, and love on the pictues of your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I will be missing the little ones too. I am soaking it in while I can. Our children are growing up in a world that is completely different from what we knew and it is difficult to comprehend. I wonder what my grands will do when they are grown... How did those great grandsons get to be so old already? They were just born! Yes, love on all who the Good Lord puts in your path.
      Love you.

      Delete