Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Suck It Up, Buttercup

Doing the right thing doesn't automatically render rosy results. Doing the right thing often brings tears and brokenness, but is it not brokenness that also often brings the healing so desperately desired? I mentioned God using golden thread to stitch my broken pieces back together, but I didn't mention that the stitching hurts too. Each careful stitch from His gentle hand requires the needle to pierce the broken pieces. Each piercing brings a stab of pain, but with each stabbing pain a stitch is completed and I am one stitch closer to being made whole. *sigh*

I had a short conversation with a friend this evening. Often, when I am worried about being alone, he offers words of encouragement to help me through. "You begin to enjoy the solitude," he once told me, and he was right. I made the effort to "fly solo" this fall and honestly enjoyed the retreat, yet there remain specific times I find the prospect of being without company frightening. It's not because I fear being alone, but because the occasion makes my heart hurt. "You can text me," he said, and I probably will, because he always makes me smile.

4 comments:

  1. As we isolate and get through we say Merry Christmas the best we can. I believe the Lord is in charge but it is difficult. Perhaps this year look for a small apartment. It is truly easier to heal when living alone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Lord is in charge and He will get me through every heartache. I am feeling much better tonight than I was yesterday. Another stitch complete.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have a friend that you can bare your soul to. They are more precious than gold.
    So grateful that we have found a friendship too. I truly wish we were closer. It would be so nice to share a cup of tea together and just chat.
    Merry Christmas to you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps those friends are the golden threads... It's worth thinking about, yes?
      I am grateful for and appreciate your friendship. I haven't had the time or energy to visit other blogs like I once did, so I am thankful to find your words of friendship and encouragement.
      Thank you.
      :0)

      Delete