Monday, September 28, 2020

Out to the Beach With Rachel

 Rachel went out for a ride with me on Saturday. She was hoping to catch some autumn reds and I was hoping to put my feet back in the lake. I thought we could compromise by going to Fair Haven Beach State Park. I found the lake, but the reds we saw were few. I hope she wasn't too very disappointed.

 

 




It's going to be a busy work week. I'm back to a 6:30 am start time for at least a week and a half. Super glad I've already done it all summer because it isn't such a shock to my system now. Car is in the shop again. I'm hoping the sound of crickets while driving is just an old belt... Maybe a little overtime this week is a good thing.

It's been eleven years now since my dad's passing. I can't imagine we've been without him for that long already.

4 comments:

  1. Time does seem to go faster every year...memories linger though.
    It looks like you had a wonderful day even if the "REDS" haven't shown up too much.
    Color hasn't made it's appearance around here either..too hot still.
    Hope you can be bright and perky at your 6:30AM job. Glad you had some practice this summer.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait for this coming weekend! I love the oranges and golds of October, and the leaves on the ground, and the cooler temperatures, and... and...

      Delete
  2. Martha, if you don't stop posting pictues of the ocean, lakes and rivers, I'm going to need to stop visiting you! HaHa..that's because I'm so jealous. I have my CD of ocean waves crashing and sea gulls cawing on full volume in my living room. Think I'll get a container of sand to put my feet in. Love you to the ocean and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the ocean. The only ocean I have is a Great Lake, but I do like to pretend, and since NY has a myriad of smaller lakes, imagination is possible.
      I have loved you from one ocean to the other! :0)

      Delete