Monday, November 04, 2019

It's About Time

Keys and clocks. They make life interesting...

I have managed to keep track of my keys since last Monday. No major incidents despite letting Idris carry them around the block on our walk the night before Halloween. Just imagine them being dropped down a storm sewer... or lost in a pile of leaves. Thankfully, that did not happen. So far, so good on the keys.

Sometimes I catch a few minutes of sleep on my lunch break. I keep an alarm clock in my car because once I fell asleep and woke up ten minutes after my break ended. They wondered what had happened to me but in actuality I'd never left the parking lot. Today I turned on my alarm, read a few paragraphs in my book, and then closed my eyes. I was having a dream and woke suddenly. I glanced down at my clock and it read 2:58. Adrenaline shot through my system as I jolted upright! How could I have slept an entire hour and a half? Why didn't my alarm go off? Why didn't someone come outside to find me? Where was Megan? She should have been going on break at 2 pm... And then I looked at my phone... It wasn't even 2 o'clock yet. I'd just forgotten to turn my alarm clock back an hour. I back walked across the parking lot to the building, my heart still pounding.

Daylight Saving Time is over for another year and we are back to Standard Time. This is what the world would look like if we never played "Change the Clocks." Yup, it's getting dark early.

4 comments:

  1. I truly don't mind changing the clocks, but I am waking at 5 instead of 6 and I am ready for bed at 8. It has already been dark a few hours and my internal clock says "go to bed"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when we lost power for four days years ago. We went to bed when it go dark. It was kind of nice. It was also April.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing...I did get a smile from that. Thats one time it was good to not hear the alarm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it today. And I remembered before I closed my eyes.
      :0)

      Delete