* Monday was the day I thought I'd slept through Megan's lunch break just to realize I'd never turned the alarm clock in my car back an hour.
* Tuesday morning I climbed into the shower smiling inside because it was already Wednesday... except that it wasn't. My mind caught up with that mistake long before I stepped out of the shower. I have to admit I was a tad disappointed, but only for a moment. I'm not really looking for time to go faster. It's already too fast.
* Wednesday evening I took in a bit of mud therapy. I actually went to the pottery studio and got my hands dirty. I didn't make anything, but I did wedge up a bit of repurposed clay that had been sitting in my bedroom for far too long. It will be ready for me next time.
* Something didn't smell quite right when I climbed into my car this morning. The tea I'd made had a minty aroma and Constant Comment is not mint at all. It was too late to run inside for a different kind so I drank Sleepy Time tea on the way to work. Ha ha! Good thing we have a big pot of coffee in the break room.
* Tonight I enjoyed the company of a few of my kids. We made black bean burgers and, in honor of Ben's up and coming birthday, had a bit of ice cream cake and sang the birthday song. I was blessed to see three of my boys sit on the couch and smile at childhood memories brought back by a cartoon video one of them brought to share.
* Our first snow arrived late this morning as I was visiting the three year old class at the daycare. My friend Addison looked out the window and said it looked like it was snowing. Sure enough! The rain was turning to snow. By the time I went home several hours later the golden world of autumn had been kissed by winter. I didn't have my camera along but I soaked in every beautiful scene along the way.
12 hours ago