Saturday, November 09, 2019

Going to Bed Now

I took my camera along on the drive to work Friday morning and wasn't disappointed. The snow, which had enveloped the world Thursday, was waiting.  The winter-kissed autumn. It was waiting. God saved it for me. :0)



Today is Saturday. I did something different this morning. I dropped my darling daughter off at work and spent the morning with my sweet, "Honey Child," grandson. We had a strawberry/banana smoothie for breakfast and I cleaned the kitchen while he played cars and begged me to play along.

When the kitchen was clean there was laundry to be folded, and stuffed animals to feed. (We found the play food and dishes in the attic where Mommy stashed them one day after he and Jilly played Scatter the Dishes Everywhere.)

I was served ice cream, pancakes, a burger and fries, and a soda. Clear warning was given that my burger was very hot and I must be careful. The animals watched with hungry eyes.

At lunch time I warmed up a leftover daycare English muffin pizza. A real one. I don't always bring food home, but I couldn't stand to throw them out yesterday.

Multiple TicTacs were handed out in the course of the day, one for each time he peed on the potty. (He got three when he pooped.) There were no accidents and I only asked once if he had to go. He was doing a little dancing. But he didn't have to go.

 Tonight I am downstairs, mostly because I am too tired to go upstairs... Hannah and I took Idris out to Christkindl Market in Canandaigua. A brisk walk from the car, and back again, along with some teeth-chattering moments whenever we stepped outside the heated tents, and another freezing walk from the car up Main Street to Simply Crepes, and back again, left all of us feeling weather worn upon our return home. It was a lovely evening.
:0)

6 comments:

  1. I ate at "Locklan's Café" on Friday. I surely had my share of pretend food then. He's 4 1/2 and still loves it. I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy playing with my grand doll when I can. We have some delicious meals from her kitchen, but she truly would rather be baking real food or making something in the real kitchen than her pretend one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our little guy enjoys helping in the big kitchen too, and he loves to eat.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I love hearing about your delightful day with precious family. It sounds perfect to me.
    3 cheers for the tic tac rewards...what ever works for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potty training is going great. He just turned three so doing it on his own like a big boy is pretty cool.
      :0)

      Delete