Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Barn Collective

I've passed this barn on the hill for a year and a half year now, every so often thinking I needed to stop and take a picture. This past week gave me that opportunity.

 Going to work earlier meant a little less traffic on the roads, so pulling off to the side for a minute didn't feel so awkward. This is normally not a good place to stop for something as trivial as a photograph, but no cars coming behind me made it possible. It does help that I'm heading away from the city of Rochester instead of toward it. In fact, going away from the city in the morning and toward it after work, is generally helpful all the way around. I don't get caught in long lines of stalled traffic.

Across the road from the barn a tractor and his buddy are waiting. Looks like they're in for a long wait...

Meet me over at Tom's for The Barn Collective and get in out of the wind.


4 comments:

  1. ...I hate it when I see something that I'd love to photograph and there is no where to pull off the road. It just doesn't seem fair! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love old barns. So glad you could finally capture it. I see a few barns around us but there is never a good place to stop and take a picture. I'm always so frustrated.
    Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few barns are like that for me---traffic--even if it only one car behind you. Glad you got the pic--finally
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we have to be careful not to let our photography get us in a dangerous situation. Glad you could get this one successfully.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete