Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Keep On Keeping On

Yesterday, on my way to work, I realized I am not angry anymore.

I had my income taxes done last night. Married filing separate. I owe ten dollas. I get twenty-nine back. Looks like I can go for a burrito at Moe's. LOL.

 I went to visit Dave and Leta after seeing the tax lady. It was nice to see The Trio, give them hugs, and play a game of Apples to Apples Junior. I get to hug and love on kids all day, kids who will grow up and forget all about me. It's a good and important job, a necessary one, but I miss my grandchildren. I love visiting them.

Going to work earlier is working out fine. I don't get out any earlier, but it's working out fine.

I am fighting depression. I recognize this. I will be okay.

I've considered letting go of my pottery studio membership. I don't typically get there more than once a week. I was feeling disinterested last week, not only in pottery, but also my photography. It doesn't help that I broke my favorite lens, but when I start losing interest in the things I love, I know there is another reason. I will be okay. I will persevere.

Winter is almost over yet we all know it can't leave without a good fight. The temperatures have been bitter the past couple nights and I've been blessed to throw my treasured afghan over the bed to keep me toasty warm. It's the one Mom made for my 22nd birthday just a couple years ago... It's just like she's giving me a hug.

 Caught the train on the way home last night because I had my camera with me.

7 comments:

  1. Martha, just thinking you and praying that soon you will feel some relief from the sadness in your heart. We are studying the life of Solomon, and how disfunctal King David was as a father, and yet God loved David, so much. I know your family has been disfunctional, but you are hanging in there...and God love your perserverance to much. That Honors Him. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda, thank you for your prayers. We're all a bit dysfunctional in our very own ways. God loves each of us deeply and completely. Oh, to know and love like Him!
      Love you tons too!

      Delete
  2. Martha, I am sorry that you are feeling a bit down but I know that YOU know there is a bright light in the future- you just have to search a bit to find it. I think this winter has just dragged on for many of us. It's been a crazy season. I know you love your family and those grands and that you will hang on as long as you need to and find happiness as/when you can along the way.
    God bless you, Martha. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I will be okay, it's these rocks and boulders I keep tripping over. And the little stones that throw me off balance... but I will be okay. There is so much to be grateful for, and so much promise ahead.
      Thanks for being there.

      Delete
  3. Sending you a virtual hug...
    Love that you have your Mom’s Afghan that she made you....
    I hope my kids remember me like that💙
    Hang in there...you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I love your hugs!
      Yes, having this afghan is really special. I have a few Mom made, but this one was especially for me and that makes it especially special.
      :0)

      Delete