Thursday, November 15, 2018

Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

Seven, Nine, and Ten played together this evening. While Nine knows me well, I seldom see the other two. In spite of that, Little Number Ten did take a few minutes to sit on my lap for a bit of snuggling. I soaked it in, deep into my heart, because I want to remember the feeling of a small Number Ten in my arms.

Grandchild Eleven is due to arrive any day now. I am just waiting for the call. Another Minnesota grandson. I won't be there to witness his birth, visit him in the hospital, or hold him while he's newborn. It isn't likely I'll visit Minneapolis in the winter, but I am looking forward to spring and meeting this new grandson of mine. I am thankful for the internet and photographs, even though it isn't nearly the same as being there.

Number Twelve is on the way too. Our next grandbaby will make its arrival in early summer. I predict a girl because all family patterns will be shattered if it turns out to be a boy. This little one already has two big brothers, and our family pattern is boy, boy, girl. If that wasn't enough, we've established a bit of a grandchild pattern as well. So far it's gone like this- boy, boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, boy, girl, boy, boy, boy. So as you can plainly see, a girl is next in line.

7 comments:

  1. Unbelievable Martha💛
    My Erika is expecting...April!
    Vivian will be a big sister...😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the two new babies that will be in your life soon. I bet it was precious to get to hold that little one as I know I treasure every minute that I can hold mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got in some snuggle time!

    It will be fun to see if the pattern holds.

    We are looking forward to the arrival of our Number Six in February! We have two boys and three girls, so maybe another boy for balance? We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news!! Although it is a bit hard when it's a long way to go to see them! I am thankful for technology.. of our 15, we have 2 in Australia, 3 in Ohio and 3 in Canada.. which isn't too bad! And they seem to grow so fast!! Almost as fast as their moms did😂. I'm very excited for you, they are such blessings!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL- at the 'pattern'...funny how those things happen, isn't it? We are up to 17 grandkids now and don't expect anymore...next will come great-grands at some point...although not too soon I hope.

    Have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete