Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving. Last night I made pumpkin pies... I stirred up our favorite pumpkin custard filling and poured it into frozen store bought shells. It felt a little like cheating, but the effort didn't generate undue stress and the result is quite tasty. I know this because I had a slice of pie for breakfast this morning, along with a nice little cup of coffee. (I'm trying the Oreo creamer...)

This will go down as "The Year Without Salads." as for some strange and suspicious reason the entire country has been advised to trash any and all Romaine lettuce. Is this some kind of secret, concerted effort to shut down the salad industry? Is every lettuce leaf contaminated with e-coli? Is the iceberg variety launching a campaign? What will happen if I eat it anyway, and why do I need to disinfect my refrigerator? That lettuce is in a bag. Is this some kind of weird test to see just how much control the media has over our lives?  Who knows...

Bethany and Adam are hosting this year. It is sure to be delicious and I will need to find some salads to eat between now and the New Year. Oh, wait!

2 comments: