Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday, Monday

My alarm went off on time. I did not hear it and so slept on. At 6:40 am I heard the door close downstairs as Sergio left for work. I had 20 minutes to shower, get dressed, dry my hair, and get to work on time. I almost made it, except a couple of trains, going opposite directions, decided to hold me up for several minutes. I clocked in at 7:32.

Hot dogs. I think they might be every daycare center cook's nightmare. They come in a bulk package of anywhere from 39 to 43. (I'm guessing...) I had 46 children to feed, more or less. Our three babies had leftover chicken and rice, and you might think I had exactly enough hot dogs, but the number of children in our rooms kept changing as children showed up (or didn't). First I didn't have enough hot dogs, then I had exactly what I needed, then I didn't have enough again, and in the end, there were two left over. I like lunches like goulash or Spanish rice.

Crazy. It started out crazy. And it promises to be a very busy week. During lunch my boss called me into her office. She had a serious look on her face... She said she had a paper for me to sign... And then she told me they were very happy with my performance in the kitchen, and with the babies, and they gave me a raise. I was so surprised I hardly knew what to say! 

(I was in such a rush this morning that I didn't even realize how cold it was until my car thermometer read 0 degrees. By the time I got to work it said -2!)

 * Photos from Saturday's chilly walk in the woods.

4 comments:

  1. ...and here I thought that this week was going to be milder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It would be a great week to go ice skating after school but I don't think kids do that anymore.

      Delete
  2. Well congratulations...I'm glad that serious look was for a raise...haha You are the master with babies and cooking, so I'm not surprised that they are very pleased with you.
    Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice surprise! And those babies! I just love them!
      :0)

      Delete