Saturday, January 20, 2018

It Was a Good Day

It was a good day. I slept in, did my laundry, and headed off to the pottery studio to play in the mud. I am using reclaimed studio clay, so my plan was to practice throwing cylinders because I always open the clay too soon and almost everything turns into short bowls.

My efforts were successful and my last cylinder turned into a very nice bowl, the biggest I've thrown. I decided to keep it. I was just wrapping it in plastic when the bat slipped. I looked under the plastic and one side of the bowl had totally collapsed. Oh, well. Into the reclaim bucket it went. Not a big deal. I'd had a good two hour practice session, made four decent cylinders, and turned each one of them into a vessel of one kind or another. (I saved the first three too...) Now I know I can make a decent sized bowl.

After open studio I called my ailing son (they have the flu or a stomach bug) to see if there was anything they needed. Baby wipes. So I stopped at the store for some baby wipes, and picked up some homemade chicken soup and a box of Lemon Ginger Tea too. The other grandma helped by taking the three year old (Number 7) to her house overnight.

On the way home I made my own grocery run and saw an old friend on my way into Aldi. At Wegmans I ran into a half dozen more. It took me an hour and a half to buy a package of napkins. Although I did pick up a few other items, the napkins are what initially brought me to Wegmans.

It was a no stress afternoon full of pottery and friends. Yup. It was a good day.

2 comments: