Monday, January 01, 2018

Hello 2018

The first day of 2018 has come and is almost gone. I pray this year brings the answers I've so desperately been seeking the past two and a half years. I know God hears my prayers, and there are times when He has answered in astonishingly clear ways, and other times when He leaves me waiting.. or perhaps second guessing His answers.

The Cabinetmaker and I have been living in separate residences for five months now. We are not enemies... perhaps we are friends, or perhaps we are working toward becoming friends... It can be hard to tell as I sort through the many mixed emotions that come with our situation. We have been plodding through dark forests and trudging slowly up this mountain for what seems a very long and exhausting amount of time. I've been told slow is the preferred speed... Moving forward so slowly feels painful, but racing blindly without a clear destination would be disastrous, so slowly on we go.

I spent some time doing a puzzle with my sister this afternoon before driving out to the house for a bowl of soup and a game of Scrabble with The Man. I won, which is highly unusual (and due to the luck of placing a letter "z" on a triple letter tile and getting 60 points for writing "za" in two different directions). I don't win any more often than once every four or five years, so it won't be likely to happen again any time soon. ha ha!

Back to work and the babies tomorrow.

(Pictures are from yesterday's drive to see my brother.)

4 comments:

  1. ...I think of you often, my best to you! Where is barn number 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we were on Harris Rd. looking toward Newark-Marion Rd. The snow made it pretty.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Best wishes to you for 2018, Martha. Struggles make us strong... but sometimes we wish we had less struggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lantane. There has been good come of it, but you are right, we often wish we didn't have the struggles to begin with. I suppose it it wasn't this struggle, it would be another.

      Delete