Friday, July 21, 2017

Cliffhangers

My son went camping in the Adirondack Mountains. I found this on Facebook yesterday with the caption "Sorry, Mom." He is a funny guy...

Life feels a little like a "cliffhanger" at the moment. Some recent topics at CoDA meeting lately were willingness, choices, and decisions... They go along with that eleventh step.

"Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

I'm fairly certain a piece of Step 9 is wrapped up in not only those topics, but Step 11 as well. Making amends. A willingness to apply a soothing salve to those I may have knowingly or unknowingly had a part in wounding. I am finally ready for Step 11 which involves not only knowing what to do, but having the strength to do it. (A few prayers to that end would be appreciated.) I find it interesting that he (the counselor) stopped asking me what I need. Maybe he thinks I finally figured it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment