Wednesday, May 10, 2017

And That's That

* It was my last day of sitting with G. Staff at the facility is asking if I am going to be replaced. I don't have an answer. I think they're worried. The day was uneventful. I didn't talk to her about me leaving. I'm afraid it would only confuse her and send her into another outburst. Perhaps she'll miss me, but more than likely she won't. And that's okay. I'm not doing a happy dance over being finished, but I'm not sad either.

* Spring is in full bloom. The apple orchards and lilacs are blooming and everything is fresh and new. Too bad I don't have time to traipse about the countryside with my camera. I do, however, have a few minutes to catch some of the miracle in my own backyard. Those apple blossoms never get old. They are beautiful each and every year.

* When Friday afternoon arrives I will have worked 11 days in a row. I think I'll be ready for the weekend, although it's sure to be busy. Rachel and I will be visiting Tim on weekends now and since Sunday is Mother's Day, that means Saturday is the day this time around. Maybe Priscilla will be free to go with us.

* Life is full of changes and one of the things I'm working on is learning to love myself. I haven't always treated myself kindly so I'm trying to do better. I recently started logging my food intake and counting calories. I'm trying to keep up with walking, I walked over 10,000 steps 9 days in a row, but this past week and a half has left me lacking in the step department. I grabbed the opportunity this morning to take a last Wednesday morning walk with my sister. We'll have to walk evenings or weekends now.

* My new work schedule will require me to rearrange all my usual daytime activities and rethink my evening ones. I will need to find a new prayer group or a prayer partner, and I think I'd like to take another ceramic class, maybe hand building instead of the wheel. But first I have to get through this next weekend, take a deep breath, and exhale.

4 comments:

  1. Bit by bit, it all gets accomplished. Best of luck with your new job and schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. I think I shall enjoy this new journey very much.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Change is always challenging.

    Unfortunately we are down to one car because as usual the Kiah is giving us trouble. We just took it into the shop tonight. I don't know if it will be done on Saturday or who needs a car to do what. Once I find out, I'll figure out if I can join you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good challenge so far. I can do this.
      :0)

      Delete