Thursday, November 05, 2020

Just Keep Praying

I'm barely sure what day it is anymore... Actually, I know it's Thursday, it just doesn't feel normal because it's anything but. My girl had surgery on Tuesday evening, but they did not take her appendix yet. Too much inflammation in other places. I don't understand all of it, but I know she is getting the best care possible. She sounded so very sick on the phone last night that after we hung up I cried. The helpless feeling washed over and my heart was aching. She may be halfway to 70, but she is still my baby. As a family we are all angry that the hospital she went to on Saturday sent her home with a probable stomach ulcer, stating if she had appendicitis she would be a lot sicker. We are thanking God for sparing her life and pray for a full recovery. She said she was feeling a little better this morning and I am so grateful, although I know she is far from all better.

I am able to be here with the kids until returning to work Monday morning. A friend has found donors of breast milk for Henry and set up a Meal Train. What is needed next are friends to come here to help after she returns home from the hospital. She can not be expected to keep up with four children when she is released. Please pray we are able to find available friends and family members who are willing to give of their time for the next several weeks.

The weather has turned from winter back to summer. I had the door open for much of the day and even carried the baby around the block mid afternoon. When Adam returned home I asked him where a stroller might be hiding. Of course it was right there in the closet next to my jacket which I hung there yesterday morning. The weather is forecast to remain warm the next few days so we'll definitely be going for a walk.

I guess there's an election battle going on, but I'm trying not to notice. God knows all about that fiasco and He is ultimately in control no matter what the outcome. 

Thank you for your prayers on all fronts.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, she is still your baby, and we are praying for her! I saw on Facebook a request for breastmilk, your daughter and I have a mutual friend, Christa, who was asking...of course she didn't say who it was for, and now reading your post I put two and two together...I'm glad donors have been found, but if she needs more, my daughter has quite a supply in her freezer. I'll pray for you too, Martha, as you are in a busy situation, with little ones! (Do you ever wonder, as you help with grandkids, how on earth we ever managed?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Being a mom is a full time job!
      We have a good amount breast milk in the freezer but I will let you know if we run out. It's like being at work but wilder and calmer all mixed up together.

      Delete
  2. Oh Martha, continued prayers for complete healing and finding the right people to help out when she returns home.
    It's so hard to watch our kids in pain and suffering. Praying for peace in that Mama's heart you have too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your love and prayers. This momming business is hard.

      Delete
  3. Our babies are ALWAYS our babies. Glad you are able to help out. Praying for her and for you.

    ReplyDelete