Sunday, November 15, 2020

Bits and Pieces

 It's been quite the week and I'm not sure I can remember half of it.

* Friends, family, and strangers have stepped up all week long to help my daughter and her family. There have been meals, babysitters, donations of diapers and breast milk, and a multitude of prayers. As a mom who works full time I have felt overwhelmed and relieved all at the same time. I never doubted God would provide for each and every need, I only doubted my own ability to follow through on my part.

* I went back to work on Monday, back to the little ones who call my name, ask for hugs, and inquire about lunch. It is therapy at its best. I never tire of hearing little ones say, "I need a hug!" There are times I need a hug too, and didn't I, just the other day, tell a friend to save one for me?

* On Wednesday Bethany sent me a text that read, "I may have begged, and even cried a little... But the nurse gave permission. You can come and visit me." She was scheduled for a procedure and so it was decided that I would come on Thursday. The good news is she didn't need the procedure after all.

* There was bad news on Wednesday too. My oldest grandson crashed his bicycle and fractured his clavicle. This is Bethany's oldest son. Now she was the mom unable to comfort or see her child. At the height of his pain on Thursday he Facetimed his mom, tears streaming down his face. He'd tried to change his shirt unassisted. His break is bad and he will be having surgery on Tuesday.

* I went to the hospital Thursday night, hugged my daughter long and tight, and helped her wash her "ten days ripe" hair. She is a trooper. We both laughed when the shower head went rogue and streamed over her face. I visited again on Friday while Adam stayed home with the kids and attempted to catch up with himself.

* Yesterday I drove an hour south to pick up a recliner/lift chair at the home of my brother in law's sister. It just fit into my car. Not an inch to spare. And I had a nice long visit with Laurie too.

* The best news of all is that my girl is scheduled to come home today. She still has her appendix. That will need to come out in a couple of months when her insides are healed and the inflammation has subsided. Everyone asks me about this. I am not a medical professional and must trust they are doing everything they can to help her body heal and maintain its integrity. I am relieved to see my daughter smile again.

6 comments:

  1. Such good news Martha. Thank goodness for people.....just wonderful!! You take care. Big hugs 🤗

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, what would we do without people to help? Here's hoping for a more restful week for all of us.
      Thank you for the hugs!

      Delete
  2. Praise the Lord!!!
    Good news and I'm also so sorry about the Grandson and his broken clavicle.
    Grateful for all the friends and family that have stepped up to love on the family.
    Praying for God's continued peace in the storms of your lives.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been peace in the storm but my arms are tired from all the rowing. Ha ha!
      So grateful!

      Delete
  3. ...I hope that your days will be filled with more good news than bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tom. Thank you. I think we're on the upswing now.
      :0)

      Delete