Thursday, June 11, 2020

And So ...

I found a brand new refrigerator/freezer in my kitchen at work this morning. Pretty fabulous even if I do have to bend down to see inside. No more stashing milk in tiny, infant room units, and there should be plenty of room to stash ice cream for this summer's fund raiser (that I hate with a passion).

I've been taking a new route to work the past few days. A surprise detour sign appeared Tuesday morning almost making me late. Good thing I drive fast. Ha ha! There isn't an especially quick detour since getting to work involves crossing the canal, but as long as I know to drive a different route, I can get there in the same amount of time as usual. (The photo was taken on my way home on Monday while we waited for a train.)

This afternoon I was up to my old tricks. Hannah and I decided to make a quick run to Target in her car. Before leaving I stopped to roll up my car windows and grab a few things out of the console. As I got into her car I realized I'd forgotten my face mask. That's when I discovered I'd locked my keys in my car. Again. Ha ha! This time I remembered I have a Triple A membership that James paid for back in October.  He might be happy to know it didn't go to waste. That's twice I've locked myself out of my car in my own driveway.

It's been an emotional week. So much upheaval in the world, so many opposing stories and viewpoints, and so many anniversaries on top of it. I took a look at my blogs from last June and decided even though I feel some strong emotions, I am not at all where I was this time last year. I am more okay with who I am than ever before. This is good.

I had a very long conversation with my friend Sandy this afternoon, much of it about race. I am seeking to understand a different perspective and I love that she is willing to talk with me even though her viewpoint is not that of a typical black American woman. She did not grow up in a country filled with racism as her home country is in the Caribbean. Still she helps me look from a different angle. God continues to stretch and grow me in ways I never imagined.This too is good.

2 comments:

  1. Love your transparency Martha.
    You do seem to be in a much better place than a year ago...PTL. Life is SUCH a Journey isn't it?
    Happy, Happy Fridge day too. That will make work so much easier for all of you.
    REMEMBER YOUR KEYS... (:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the keys. Yes. I am doing so much better than last year. Ha ha!
      Loving the fact that he was able to procure a floor model. Would have been a 4-6 week wait otherwise. Covid-19 used up more than just toilet paper.

      Delete