Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Pain and Agony

Our nation is in agony, writhing in pain, struggling to breathe...Where will all of this take us? What have we become? What does the future hold? God help us.

Checking the news has not been my habit in the past years. Rather than actually read, scrutinize, and digest what is happening in the world, I have been caught up in my own struggle. I've read article titles and personal interest stories instead. With Covid-19 filling most recent news pages, I've stepped away even more. Until this past week.

I could attempt fooling myself into believing everything is normal in the world, but that would only find me running smack into a brick wall in a very short amount of time. I can no longer ignore what is happening. I don't understand it, and I cannot rationalize it. I cannot shake it from my mind. It must drive me to my knees instead. I don't know what to do, but I am willing to do whatever it takes.

4 comments:

  1. We are called to be light, so I am doing my best to be that, and to shine in a dark time. Be safe and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Terra said. We are called to be the light and I believe that if we honestly ask the Lord what He would have each of us do, we will be able to do it.
    I think it will be different for each of us because as scripture says we are all one body but have different parts.
    Praying that the Lord will give you peace and direction.
    My prayer too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, we can all pray, but each of us has a circle of influence...that where it has to start. Also remembering in all the horriblness...God is still on the throne, and in control. His PLAN will be revealed in time. Sending you a big Wanda Hug!!

    ReplyDelete