Monday, December 23, 2019

So Yeah...

Quite often I start to write and the effort comes to nothing. The past weekend a persistent headache dogged my days rendering my thoughts jumbled and tired. I even went to sleep in the backseat of my sister's car on our visit to see our brother Tim. Back home I flopped over on the couch and slept some more. The suspected headache inducer? A favorite flavored coffee. I get a headache every time I drink it but it's taken this long, and a suggestion from a friend, to help me realize the throbbing of my head likely has little to do with caffeine, or the lack thereof, and most probably some other random ingredient. Thankfully, the headache has subsided.

On Saturday I was introduced to a short essay called "Welcome to Holland." It was written by a woman trying to help others understand what it is like to raise a child with Down's Syndrome, but the friend who shared with me was sharing for different, but similar purpose. Life doesn't always bring about the result we have planned, but that does not mean we can not find joy in where we find ourselves. I am chewing, chewing, chewing...

An long time friend invited me to a gingerbread house building party on Sunday afternoon. I cheated and took a pre-built kit from Walmart and added my own touches. It was a pleasant afternoon getting reacquainted with her daughter and meeting several new people. I left my house there for her to enjoy and brought home pictures instead.

I went to work late this morning and came home early. This is the way of the daycare during the holidays. The weather is almost balmy. If I had a dog and an orchard nearby, I just might go for a walk.

4 comments:

  1. It is almost balmy here as well. It looks as though you tackled the gingerbread house a little better than we did. As long as you had fun, that is all that matters. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice afternoon and I had fun.
      Merry Christmas!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Love that you took a pre-built gingerbread house and left it for them to enjoy. That sounds like a great book, too.
    Merry Christmas, Martha. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you discovered what prompts your headaches. Hope it will completely clear up.
    Pretty gingerbread house and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a bright and shiny New Year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete