Sunday, December 08, 2019

See My Muscles?

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Isn't that what they say?

It was a rough couple of weeks. Run-ins with friends and family, communication gaps, and "normal" everyday stress. Tears were abundant for a stretch of time, angry words spewed forth, and exhaustion ensued, yet through all of this God has never left my side. Not even for a minute. He still has me exactly where He wants me and once I make it to the other side, I actually feel stronger than when I went into the trial. I know there will be more struggles to come, more hard times to endure, and more tears, but I know His hand will still be holding me.

I practiced a bit of "retail therapy" these past couple of weeks... You might think I'm shopping for my grandkids, but I'm not. They have everything they need and I either don't know what they want, or can't afford it. I am taking care of Martha and I only feel a little selfish.

I am running sleep deprived, mostly because I stay up too late at night, but also because I slept so very little one night this past week. I had a phone call to make and the knowledge of that necessity was stressing me out. I didn't toss and turn thinking about that in particular, or even wake up with it consuming my thoughts, but the tightening of my stomach clued me in to the reality. Realizing the problem helped me sleep a bit better from Tuesday into Wednesday, and on Wednesday I placed the call. It was stressful, but not as stressful as I had imagined.

I have decided most weekends are far too short. Ha ha! What am I talking about? I love my job! I just don't want to get out of bed in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. God is Good and I hear it in your words...You are a very strong woman.
    Don't let the enemy say other-wise. Each step forward is a move to reclaiming what was taken from you. you can and WILL do it.
    Love that you did some shopping therapy and it was for you alone..Yay!!!
    Your phone call proves you can do it...
    Cutie pie photos too.
    Have a great week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never, through all if this, doubted the goodness of God. He has shown His love and provision again and again. (Right now I'm hoping He provides for my retail therapy... LOL)
      Those are our work babies. Can't show much, but I love them and they are super cute.
      :0)

      Delete