Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Barn Collective

I'm a tad late, but it's still Sunday so I'm jumping into the game with a few pictures I took on our outing yesterday. We were hungry by the time we left the pottery festival in East Avon, so on our way across the road I asked the police officer directing traffic where to find Tom Wahl's. He said it was just down the road. We passed some cool barns along the way, so I had my camera ready on the way back. I had to pull over a few times.

A painted quilt on white. It's a massive barn with some great trees. Route 5&20 in Avon.

Just down the road a few hundred feet is a barn with a great silo. I'd have missed it altogether had it not caught my eye when I was driving the opposite direction.

Is that a terrific, vine-covered silo or what? I love the vines, and I love the conical roof as well. You don't see many quite like that. I think it is very cool.










And finally, slightly obscured by the trees, is an old barn struggling for each breath. Full of holes, exposed to the elements, yet standing bravely.

There doesn't appear to be much holding the old girl together... I wonder where her barn boards have gone? Are they lost in the weeds? Or are they displayed in a craft sale somewhere on Etsy? Who knows?

It's cold out there today. I hope Tom has put the coffee on.

4 comments:

  1. ...the quilt block barn is a beauty, I've photographed it several times. The others I will have to look to find them. Thanks Martha fo stopping by, I hope that you will have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I hope your week is fabulous as well.

      Delete
  2. Tom posted the same barn and I thought I was seeing double.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I looked at his and immediately thought I knew where it was and looked it up! So crazy, huh?

      Delete