Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Went Home

I left work at 5 pm this afternoon. As I walked down the parking lot to my car, I considered my options... Go back to the pottery studio where I'd been last night and found the wheels all occupied by a class, or go home. After very little deliberation I went home.

I hadn't been home long when my son Joe sent me a text. He was looking for a paper I'd signed and had notarized for him this afternoon. He decided to ride over on his bike. We ate honeydew melon on the back porch with Number Nine, and finally decided to make a couple grilled cheese sandwiches. He made his way out the door before the sun dropped too low in the sky and while riding a bicycle was still relatively safe. I was grateful for his visit.

My heart is hurting. I will be okay, just admitting that there is pain to be dealt with. So many unanswered questions and uncertainties. The other day someone reminded me that my kids are watching to see how I handle this situation. I find it curious how we so often think we have the answers to other people's problems, until we are the one in the storm. I am learning that life often comes without obvious answers. Through it all God is good. Where would we be without Him?

 Whatever will I do with all these little figures I've collected?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That sounds scary. But then again sometimes doing the scary things is what helps us grow. (I'll think about it. Probably for a very long time, but I'll think about it.)
      :0)

      Delete