Monday, June 17, 2019

Rocks and Hard Places

For a long time now I've found myself in the spot they call "between a rock and a hard place." It's an agonizing place to be. Life has produced situations I'd rather not face, but escaping is not possible. The only choice I have is to walk through the trial and pray that He is with me, with us, because He is our only hope no matter what the future holds.

Our beautiful farm has been sold. Our things have been moved out, divided between here and wherever. Everything is gone except The Naughties, who were nowhere to be found when they were supposed to be moved yesterday. Even a can of tuna fish couldn't coax them out of hiding. I'm kind of hoping they get to stay there. I have nightmares of them trying to get back home and ... well, not making it, and that makes me really sad because I love those silly cats.

Nothing much has really changed, it's just official. My days aren't going to suddenly look different. I'll still be getting up early, going to work, and coming home to my little attic room at night. I am healing deep inside, but I still desperately need the hand of God leading and guiding me and I find reading scripture hard. Very hard. Even so I know He hasn't left my side. He hasn't left either one of us, and He loves our kids more than either one of us could ever imagine.

God is in the business of healing and sometimes He uses "rocks and hard places" to get us where He wants us to be. When there is nowhere to turn, the only thing to do is "Look Up" and when I do, He is always there looking back at me.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps now try for a tiny apartment to begin again
    I am doing it
    Not easy at best
    Prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The attic bedroom is my "tiny apartment". This is my childhood home. I own it, along with my sister, and share its warmth with my daughter and her family. It's a good place to be, and I can't afford anything else.

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely
    I do not own a place anymore
    I rent
    I follow your blog and you have great courage!!!!

    ReplyDelete