Sunday, October 01, 2017

Sleepy Day in Grimes Glen

It was an entirely too sleepy day. I shouldn't have been sleepy. It was a gorgeous day with perfect fall temperatures and we were outside. I'm not sure if lost sleep caught up with me (I was awake for 2 hours between Friday night and Saturday morning) or if my sinus issues were sapping my energy. (I stopped taking that Musinex too soon.) I didn't want to be sleepy, I just was.

In spite of being sleepy, the Barefoot Lumberjack and I took a ride to Naples, NY and went to Grimes Glen. I'd told him early on I didn't want to get my feet wet, so we didn't walk all the way back to the fancy waterfall, only as far as the first one. I should have brought my flip flops along. I intended to, but I didn't. I blame it on brain fog.

BL was trying out his new camera and I was trying out my old one. We managed to get a nice collection of pictures and it turned out to be a good day even if I did finally have to hand over the steering wheel and close my eyes for a bit. When I opened them we were at Wendy's and I got a "small chocolate Frosty, please" out of the deal, so all is well.






2 comments:

  1. ...I've heard of this place, but have never been there. I need to do g about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a trip to Grimes Glen is in order. Bring your waders.

      Delete