Sunday, October 08, 2017

Playing in the Mud

It was an emotional week for me. Sometimes that happens. I needed an outlet, so I headed into Rochester yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours playing at the pottery studio. They say it's all about the practice, and open studio hours are limited. My only choice is Saturday afternoon since our class runs during the only evening open studio.

I threw about five or six vessels. One flopped, and one came home with me to dry because the guy who I share a shelf with is very prolific at throwing... I think he has almost 2/3 of the space. But I'm not complaining. (Okay, so maybe I am.) I think I might need to make sure I have room in my van Thursday night in case I need to bring any more home. Glazing starts soon so it's good I'll soon have some pieces to fire.

1 comment: