Sunday, September 03, 2017

Sunday

Nothing much to post tonight. It was an uneventful day. I went to church this morning and did a little shopping afterward. Ran into half a dozen people I know, which is interesting because I typically go out and see nobody familiar.

I was headed toward the exit in Kohl's when I heard someone call my name. There was my friend Troy's mom, Christine! We shared a great hug and a nice chat. That little boy who came to my house at 2 years old, not long after I started blogging, is now 13! It doesn't seem possible. Christine showed me a picture of him and his birthday present, a basset hound puppy.

In Wegmans I ran into an old neighbor who stood and talked to me for quite some time before suddenly informing me that her husband was waiting in the car. My husband would have either come looking for me or left me to walk home if I'd been gone that long. Ha ha! But I was alone and had time to dilly dally and she didn't seem to be worried. She appeared genuinely glad to see me and that was nice.

It was a rainy kind of day with a little sunshine sprinkled in for good measure and to keep us wondering whether or not we needed a jacket. I left my car windows open upon returning home which, I think, is why it poured. Luckily I was not taking a nap when it started up and got them close quickly. Remember when moms used to send the kids out in the rain to roll up the windows? Back before you needed to practically start the car... Kids today wouldn't know what the doohickey on the door was for.

2 comments:

  1. ...kids today don't know a lot of the things that we do, but they know a lot of the things we don't.

    ReplyDelete