Sunday, September 17, 2017

Bits and Pieces

* Last Sunday, before visiting our brother, Rachel and I stopped at our favorite antique shop. I bought a pretty red pitcher. It weighs a ton, but I love it anyway. We're kind of sad Rustique's is closing. Maybe we'll have to find a new favorite place. I have a couple ideas.

* I am settling into my new work assignment. Kitchen work keeps me busy, makes me tired, and is wonderful all at once. The kids seem to like most of what I make, and even I am a little impressed by some of the results. The veggie lasagna was quite tasty in spite of the vegetables (carrots and celery cut up tiny) that some of the kids picked out and didn't eat. (Wish I had a picture of that lasagna...)

* I still have baby time at work, but much less of it. They get excited when they see me in the morning because it means breakfast is coming, and I still have a few hours to love on them between morning and late afternoon.

I can't remember half my week...

* Yesterday I went out gallivanting with my sister. We perused The Shop at West Ridge where the Beetles were playing on the PA system. I was battling the start of a migraine but found myself be-bopping down the aisles in spite of it all. In the end my headache disappeared and my eyes decided to cooperate. I decided dancing is good for the soul.


* After our fun in the shops, we headed back to the Memorial Art Gallery grounds where we were last weekend, to look at the Poet's Sidewalk. I read every square and snapped a photo of most.

* In the midst of our touring the sculpture garden, we were accosted by a woman who wanted to talk with us. She told us how difficult her life was, how God takes care of everything, and finally got around to asking if we could give her ten or twenty dollars for food. Of course, she didn't look poor... She was well dressed and clean, didn't appear ill, and was generally pleasant. We told her we didn't have any cash on on us, which was "mostly" true (I had seven dollars in my pocket...), and she went on to asking the next couple to enter the grounds before getting on a bus and heading off.

* We were taken in by the sculptures dotting the property surrounding the art gallery. A work called "Creation Myth" which was terribly enchanting. I have no clue as to the beliefs of the artist, but I know his work didn't just chance to evolve there in the middle of the city.

* Last evening, after rearranging a bit of furniture, I headed out to the store for a few items, and on the way back decided to give my son a call. We grabbed a burger together at Five Guys and had a nice chat.

* This morning I made it to church just in the nick of time, and then stayed for the second service as well. The same message all over again, except I was sitting by my daughter. And yes, it was just as good the second time around. Maybe I'll even go online and take it in for a third time. I think I hear God talking to me.
:0)

4 comments:

  1. ...sorry to hear about Rustique, I've only been there once, what a bunch of stuff they have! The art gallery grounds are a great place to explore and remember that normal is just a setting on your washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that... "normal is just a setting on your washing machine". :)

      Delete
  2. I think that the art gallery grounds would be a nice place to visit. Sorry to hear about the woman that thought she needed your money. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will venture inside when it is not so very nice outside.
      :0)

      Delete