* I spotted the Happy Gnome outside his home on Thursday afternoon. The windchill was bitter and I can't imagine he stayed out very long. In fact, by the time I returned to the kitchen, I was half frozen myself and Mr. Gnome was no longer standing on the steps.
* Bitter temperatures and snow easily convince The Naughties to spend more time inside than out. Empty baskets and boxes magically turn into forts, beds, and sitting spots.
* We were blessed by an overnight snowstorm, thanks to those lake effect snow bands, and woke up Friday morning to a foot or more of fluffy whiteness. Linda, if you're reading, I heard there wasn't so much as a flake at your house.
* With the longer days, the hens are laying more eggs again. Rather than one or two a day we are back up to 5-7. The snow keeps them home where they hang out under the shelter of the barn's shed roof.
* I dug out my car late in the morning and ventured out to try out "Betsy's new hiking boots." (She has new tires...) Our road was only half plowed and I managed to stay on the road without difficulty. I exerted more energy just sweeping the snow off the roof than driving down the road.
* My sister and I went for a walk three out of seven days this week. Three miles around her neighborhood. By the time we got back to her house I was cold, my feet were wet, and the cold I've been fighting was winning the battle. Once I was home again, I changed my clothes and curled up under a blanket in my spot on the couch.
I am a work in the hands of the Master Potter. I pray that His fingerprints are all over me as I walk through this life. This is my journey. Thank you, Jesus, for not giving up on me.
I am mom to seven beautiful grown ups and grandma to ten beautiful grandchildren.