Tuesday, October 06, 2015

He Hears...

Yesterday held a recurring theme, that of Jesus reaching out and saving us in the midst of the storm. Not only did I write about "Storms and Stillings" yesterday, but I stopped at Savers on my way to work to look for a few new music CD's. I picked up one by Selah. The first song was the ever popular "You Raise Me Up." "... You raise me up to walk on story seas..." the second, "Part the Waters"...

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh, hear me
Lord and hold out Your hand
Touch my life
Still the raging storm in me

In case you think I am a complete nut case, I also picked up a couple of books by Max Lucado, "A love Worth Giving" and a little devotional called "Grace for the Moment." Guess what the verse for October 5 was... 

(Peter) shouted, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught Peter.
Matthew 14:30-31

A little farther down the page it says, "Faith is a desperate dive out of the sinking boat of human effort and a prayer that God will be there to pull us out of the water."


No comments:

Post a Comment