Sunday, October 25, 2015

Angelica Antiques

There is a part of me ready to quit going off to work 3-4 days a week. I'm ready to stay home, clean and organize my house, make savory soups, and bake flaky desserts... and maybe take a nap on a dreary, golden afternoon. Autumn does that to me.

Deborah and I set off into a world of golden sunshine this past Friday. We drove long and far (and I took the long way every time...) and found a tiny town full of antique shops. 

We wandered to our hearts' content, took fancy photos, brought home selected treasures, and left others behind. We're both wishing we took this sweet swinging doll home to stay, but she made her way back only in a photograph... There's always something left behind that I'm wishing I had purchased. I've save a lot of money that way through the years



 Bling, lots of bling. It's the first thing you see in the shop window. So fun, even for me, and I have never been a collector of bling.

These twin lamps graced an upstairs table creating a mirror image. I initially thought them rather gaudy, but every time I look at the photo I love them a little bit more. I don't know why, but they make me smile and every home should be filled with people and objects that bring a smile to our faces. (I read that in a book once...)

We're done traveling far and wide for a while now. We're both worn out and running out of money. (ha ha!) Actually I spent more buying grape pies on the way home for my October birthday kids than I did in any antique shop. And yes, I left the lamps behind too.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day. And I love those lamps too! They are so pretty:-) It would be fun to own a shop like that, don't you think? You could have fun buying for the shop, enjoy the purchases and then sell them to someone else to enjoy. I have never tasted grape pie! Actually, I've never heard of it till you mentioned it the other day. I I'll have to google the recipe!

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had grape pies I love, and grape pies I didn't love. Monica never fails me so I always buy from her store in Naples, NY. Owning a shop would be fun, especially if it came with soup and dessert.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. All looks good. I have wondered how they have this much beautiful collections of things in their shops. I have stood speechless by seeing all of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine the time and money put into some of these collections!

      Delete