Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Minding My Busy-ness

Staying busy. I thought perhaps I would take some time to relax this week... ha ha! Not happening.

We're doing a summer cleanup over at Mom's house. I've been pulling weeds from the brick sidewalk. My fingers are worn out, poked by prickers, dry, and sore, but the bricks are looking better.

Tomorrow I am meeting my second cousin Kim for lunch. I know we've crossed paths in the past but this will be our first real meeting. She is an artist and the granddaughter of my grandma's sister. Her blog, "Coffee Makes Me Happy" is on my sidebar, but she doesn't take comments. :(

I missed my walk with the ladies' from church this afternoon, choosing instead to take my daughter out to lunch and pick up some things for her birthday party/bonfire this Saturday. I hope it turns out to be a good day for her, but I think I'll have a hard time beating a busload of kids in Grenada singing "Happy Birthday".

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I should find one to hang on my wall, dont'cha think?

      Delete
  2. Oh, it will be a fun birthday! Extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some expert advice!! Sound like Hannah will be a super second birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely argue with the expert.. ha ha!
      I hope it's a wonderful day.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. There is nothing better than cleaning up and gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that image Martha! Put it on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete