Monday, July 28, 2014

Deliciously Dark and Dreary

I am a big fan of bright, sunny days, but my childhood in upstate western NY also brings a love for the dark, dreary overcast kind of day, the one where doing nothing is okay, naps are expected, and books are wont to be read. This was such a day.

The rain fell, the winds blew, and the clouds hid any sign of sunshine. It was quiet. I did not bake, I did not clean, I did not go out shopping. I did venture out to retrieve one child from Vacation Bible School. I did do a load of laundry, wash a sinkful of dishes, and take the garbage to the street. I made my bed, checked the 'puter (repeatedly), took a few photos, and caught a shortish (well, kind of shortish...) nap.  I haven't been sleeping much at night and thought it a good idea to take advantage of the dark and dreariness.

It's been dark all day long. It would have been a wonderful day to sleep in, or maybe even out, with the rain pattering on the rooftop. I checked my "rain gauge" and found that we had a good amount of precipitation. Perhaps I need to collect up my candle jars and put them away for a while.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, and here I thought I'd run out of new things to take pictures of.
      :0)

      Delete