Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Is It Thursday Yet?


Winter has returned. Ben is qute eager to get out there with his snow tube and hit the slopes before the snow melts again. He is worried with good reason as it hasn't stuck around for more than a couple of days at a time this year. Unfortunately for him, his mother isn't in a hurry to take him sledding. Not only are there other things to accomplish, but it is cold out there. I really am pretty much wimp when it comes to winter activities. For the past two or three years I have tried hard to have a better attitude about it. We went ice skating at the ice arena (they just don't seem to have free outdoor rinks anymore), sledding a bunch of times, and we even played out in our own backyard! I took pictures, beautiful ones, but today I just want to stay in. The snow is pretty out there but I'm not sure it's quite deep enough for a good day of sledding. Maybe one day soon it will be. Then I will have to muster up the gumption to hit the slopes with Ben. (That man with the snowplow sure is eager for snow! He keeps plowing our driveway every time an inch of snow falls.)

2 comments:

  1. I like snow as long as I get to look at it from inside a warm home...sipping a cup of hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like snow too, I guess, but that warm spell lasted just a little bit too long. Now I no longer want to deal with being cold. I am ready for May and it's only February 9th.

    I like to sit inside my house, next to a blazing fire, and watch through the window as huge snowflakes fall silently to the ground. I can pretend the window is a giant snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete