Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Funny Old Photographs


Funny what one may find when looking through an old box of family photos. Sometimes we recognize the people and sometimes only the image is left, the names and faces long forgotten. According to my dad, this is an old photo of "Uncle Herb and Uncle Charlie Rice". They were two of my Great-Grandma Shafer's brothers who lived down near Angelica, New York back in the early 1900's. The picture makes me wonder who these guys really were and what they were like, definitely not fancy, high class individuals, probably farmers up in the hills like other family members. As much as it may be fun to have an important ancestor in my family line, I smile most at these old pictures and wish I could travel back in time and see where and how they lived.

2 comments:

  1. Photographs can be priceless! I especially love ones that tell a story!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your old photos... maybe someday you could share some with me...?

    ReplyDelete