Monday, February 06, 2006

Extreme Makeover (Jesus Style!)

I never thought I needed an extreme makeover until I thought about it in the sense of Jesus changing me from the inside out. There are those days when I feel pretty good about myself, and then there are those days when I feel ever so human; moody, unsettled, cranky. I need a makeover whether I want to admit it or not. This past Saturday I went to a Ladies' Day Out and our theme was, "Extreme Makeover". If I use the Bible as a mirror into my soul, I can see it is pretty dirty and in need of a good scrubbing. I don't want a makeover to cover up the blemishes. That will never solve anything. What I need is drastic surgery of the heart and soul, and lots and lots of the water of His Word to wash away all the impurities I have picked up on my way through this life. If my heart is anything like my closet, which I am trying to clean today, it is going to take a lot of time and effort to get it back to where it needs to be. And then I'll have to be careful not to let all that stuff pile up in there again; disappointment, anger, laziness, indifference... You know what I mean. Well, I guess my lunch break is over. I have to get back to the closet :)

2 comments:

  1. Martha...this is a wonderful thing...never heard too much about this bloggin stuff but I sure like this and allows me to see and hear more about your day to day stuff...I love it..and PS...your tooo hard on yourself...You are a very beautiful and loving human being miss Martha...I love this photo of you also..I wish you could see in yourself what others see...be proud..oh..sure we can all use work on ourselves..but be proud of who you are..you soooo deserve it!

    ReplyDelete