Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Drinking Up the Moonshine

I slept much too late this morning on account of all the moonshine last night. It was 2:30 am when I woke up. My brain must have thought it was morning since the moon was shining so brightly through the window. No leaves on the trees outside to block the light, no clouds in the sky to cover it, and no curtains on the windows to hide its presence in the sky. As I lay there awake, I started thinking about how we, as Christians, are to be like the moon. The moon has no light of its own, but reflects the sun. So are we, as follwers of Christ, to reflect His love and light to those around us. As long as there is nothing blocking the light of the sun, the moon shines bright and gives light in the darkness, but when something is in the way, the night becomes very dark and scary. Without the love of God this world is dark and scary, but we can bring hope and comfort by letting the love of God flow through our lives to those around us. In order for that to happen, I have to let the Lord remove those things from my life that block his light from shining, things like selfishness, pride and any other thing that doesn't please God. Lord, may I be willing to have you remove from my life anything that would keep your light and love from shining through me.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Mom... thanks for reminding me to always reflect the "sun"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moonshine??? (((smile))) OH Moonshine ~~ what a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete