Monday, June 10, 2024

Fresh Breeze

The tears have dissipated, just as I knew they would. I am okay once again.

I had a lovely Saturday. In the morning hours I took a basket of jelly/canning jars out to my son who makes jellies, salsas, and pickles. (I am cleaning out.) From Dave's house I drove to the next town where my eldest daughter and her family were working on their rental unit. It has been abused and neglected for several years and they have decided it's time to put it on the market. Finally, I headed toward Lake Ontario and my friend Gail's cottage.

Gail and I took a drive to Sodus Point and had lunch at Captain Jack's. BLT's for both of us, a side of mac salad water for her, and sweet potato fries and iced tea for me. Around the corner from the marina I found the Imprint Coffee Food Truck where I bought an small, afternoon half decaf and then we parked the car at the park and walked the beach.

I purposed to keep my feet (sneakers)  and blue jeans dry and kept an eye on the waves lapping the shore, but anyone who knows me is aware that I almost always come home with wet feet. It was a beautiful, relaxing afternoon of scouring the sand. I came home with several bits of polished glass and a pocketful of rocks. Maybe I'll do some paining, eh?


6 comments:

  1. ...it's good tp hear that things are looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom.
      I am enjoying time with my family too. It's a previously rare privilege.
      Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. Martha, your day sounds delightful.
    I'm glad the tears did their things and you are good to go again.
    The Lake is good therapy and getting wet is half the fun.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have your hard and sad days, but looking at your photo's you sure have a beautiful place to be happy or sad. Sorry, not blogging for visiting very much right now. My years are catching up with me. Sending my love and hugs. Because I don't visit often, doesn't me I don't think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard/sad days come in groups, but there are plenty of happy days, enough that I see the difference in my photographs. You are much loved, visits or not. Blogging and blog surfing don't come as easy here either, but I am so grateful for all of my blog friends. They are some of the best! Especially you.

      Delete