Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Bits and Pieces

* News of the eclipse party is everywhere. The eclipse was fantastic, the gathering was the best!

* After every fabulous, rejuvenating event come unexpected stressors. We are stressed. We are stressed for several and various reasons. All we can do is move through them because they aren't going to be over until we do.

* Work is stressful because children are maniacs. (I don't expect anything different.) Work stresses are being managed as well as possible. Hopefully everything will work itself out in time and without any more incidents. (Incidents are inevitable which is why maniacal children are stressful.)

* Did I tell you I was scheduled for an echocardiagram in June? Well, it's tomorrow instead. Yesterday I went in for an MRI on my lower back and afterward decided to see why my follow up appointment with the cardiologist was so far out when my papers say 4 weeks. After checking the schedule, it was discovered there had been a cancellation this week. Did I want the appointment? Absolutely!

* Stress does crazy things to a body. Many of the sensations I have been feeling recently would have been brushed off in the past, but with the knowledge that I have an abnormality in my heart, there comes an even greater consciousness of these sensations. Is today's pain in my upper back related to my heart or did I sleep wrong? Am I once again carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders? Am I imagining symptoms or are they real? (I wasn't crazy in February...) I can not tell the difference between what is serious and what isn't. I will be relieved when tomorrow's appointment is over and I have some answers. (PS. I took a sick day tomorrow.)

* My car has a new battery, fresh oil, new lift support struts so the back will stay open when I want to put my groceries inside, and new brake lights too. Oh, and the gas tank is full.

* Please keep my little family in your prayers. We have big things happening. Thank you so much.

PS. I felt God smile again this afternoon when my phone rang. The person on the other end had no idea I was trying to call them back for precisely the same reason they were calling me. I never even had to tell them anything. I just smiled and agreed to their suggestion. It was perfect!

3 comments:

  1. "God Winks" are so perfect..His timing...
    Praying for you and your stress and that of your family too.
    Keep on keeping on..
    I'll do the same.
    Hope your appointment today went well and you will get the answers you need.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were no major findings in the echo but I do have some minor valve leakage. I can lay down and sleep even when my heart feels heavy and pounding deep inside my chest. Perhaps it i the wake up call I need to make some big changes. I'm cutting sugar out of my diet first. Four days done. (We all start somewhere.) And more long walks.

      Delete
    2. cutting sugar is so hard for me. I have to begin by just cutting back first. Glad there were no major findings on your echo. I think if your stress level goes down the heart stuff will too. Prayers continuing.
      Sue

      Delete