Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Updates (Kind of like Bits and Pieces)

 * My doctor answered the message I sent and agrees it sounds like I had an allergic reaction while on vacation in Cape Cod. He has referred me to an allergist.

* I am never quite ready to come home from vacations even if it rains, which it did. In spite of the rain, and sometimes ocean mist, we had some fabulous beach days.


Cockle Cove Beach- 8/12

Morris Island Loop Trail- 8/13


Chatham Pier and Fish Market- 8/13


First Encounter Beach- 8/13 (sunset)


Marconi Beach- 8/14

Head of the Meadow Beach- 8/16


Provincetown Pier- 8/16


Nauset Beach- 8/17
 
Breakwater Beach- 8/18 (sunset)


* My friend Lisa, who lives on Cape Cod, was able to come visit me Friday morning. We shared coffee and a long talk. She moved back to the Cape 19 years ago! I can't believe it's been so long already. 

* I started my new job on Monday. It's been mostly training so far with a little time in a few classrooms. The first child I was asked to sit by was on a cot attempting to take a nap. God really does have a sense of humor. It was the one little girl whose name I happened to know, although I had never met her or her parents. She is the 2 year old cousin of the twins I just left behind at the other daycare.

* I walked to work Monday morning. Today I took my car and came home for lunch. Such a change from what I've been doing the past six years.


6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're settling in!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to take a little time to adjust, but it's looking great so far.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures of Cape Cod and its beaches. Sorry to read you had an allergy to seafood, in a place where seafood abounds! Hope the holiday was refreshing, and all goes well with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sad to avoid what looked and smelled so good, especially the fish. I wanted to believe it would be okay to have a piece of haddock, but I knew it wasn't wise.
      The beaches on Cape Cod were wonderful! I'm so glad I got to go. And the new job is going great so far.

      Delete
  3. Now those are some gorgeous beach photos. I can tell they were good medicine for you.
    Those Littles will worm their way into your heart and they will love you too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beaches are absolutely lovely!
      The little ones were enamored by my rubber duck earrings today. ha ha! They are great ice breakers.

      Delete