Monday, August 07, 2023

Monday


I feel like writing, although I'm not entirely sure what to say...

It's my final week at the daycare. The little ones have no idea I am about to disappear from their lives. I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor with them crawling onto my lap today. I gave them hugs and kisses, told them to use "gentle hands," blew bubbles, and steadied three small bodies on one chair so they could look out the window at the rain while the other sat on the floor. I washed their hands and faces, fed them, changed their diapers, and put them down for their naps. I stroked their hair, smiled at their silly antics, and picked up the toys they left strewn across the floor. Nothing out of the ordinary, except it is my final week at the daycare.

Change is hard. Even good change.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I do feel for you, saying goodbye to the little ones. But also happy to read to have another position lined up, which sounds like it will be an easier life for you. All the best for your future job, and also for your holiday time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my last year's Littles still has a hard time saying goodbye when I leave her room. She is always looking for a hug and a bit of acknowledgement. I know there will be new Littles to help fill the void and I am grateful. Even so, I will miss these Littles for many days.

      Delete
  2. Such precious moments. You will cherish them and even though the Littles won't remember they will have benefitted from being loved and cared for. Their development will be on going because of you. (((((hugs)))))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, I most definitely will. I still cherish the children who have long outgrown the baby rooms, the ones who don't remember me from anywhere but the kitchen. Some I have know almost their whole lives and yet for each one there will come a day when we part ways. I have tried to love them like I would love my own. They all deserve that kind of love.

      Delete