Saturday, July 29, 2023

Rainy Saturday

It promised to be dark and dreary with multiple sporadic downpours. We were not disappointed.

I met my friend Dan for coffee at Starbucks. He vacationed in Italy in June and had some photos to show me. It was 8:30 am. We ordered coffee and settled in at a table near the windows when the sky opened up and the rain poured down. An hour later we walked out through a light sprinkle. It was a nice meeting.

I texted my friend Rachael whose baby is in my infant room two days a week, and drove through a downpour (or two) to meet her at Panera Bread. We discovered we were both reading the same book by Rachel Held Evans. We had a great conversation and ran into a former work grandma, "Nana," and her two grandsons. Her now six year old grandson Jonah was so attached to me 5 years ago that he would cry whenever I left the room. (Love that boy!) We discovered that Rachael has been attending the same church as Nana and her family. This is good because Rachael and her family are somewhat new in town and she works remotely for Wheaton College . In her college days she ran with my friend Heather's former daughter in law. (It's a small world.) This was a nice meeting too.

I had a slight headache and took a nap upon returning home. I drank a small amount of cheap red wine on Friday evening and am learning that red wine does not make me feel fine...After a rest and lots of water, I felt better.

Hannah and went to Wegmans, I finished my laundry, played Tangled Snakes on my phone with Idris, and made both a jello and two lemon meringue pies for a Sunday picnic in the park. (We're practicing up on family gatherings for when my kids meet their long lost uncle... Did I tell you about that? He was supposed to come this past week but the visit was postponed due to illness.)

It was a wonderfully productive/interactive day. I am smiling. And my sheets are freshly washed, so there's that too. LOL!

6 comments:

  1. I truly love wonderful, productive and interactive days, which reminds me I need to put fresh sheets on our bed too...ASAP...
    Glad you got out even though the weather wasn't perfect. A downpour or two just washes the air.
    Red wine always gave me headaches and made me feel icky. So I don't drink it anymore. Rose' once in a while or a white does nicely.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee also gives me a headache. The good tasting stuff, you know? Why has it taken me so many years to figure this out?

      Looking forward another splendid day!

      Delete
  2. ...rainy, that's an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just slightly. Ha ha!
      I drove through rivers on my way through Fairport to Perinton!

      Delete
  3. You can send some of that luscious water this way! We are bone dry!
    That pie looks wonderful!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a strange kind of summer. Typically we're dry and crunchy by now.
      Oh, yes! It was a yummy pie!

      Delete