Wednesday, July 05, 2023

A Proposition

 I propose we celebrate Independence Day like we celebrate Memorial  and Labor Days, except instead of  it being on a Monday, it should always be observed on the first Friday of July, thus enabling those of us who rise early for work to enjoy the festivities, including fireworks displays. It may never happen, but that is my proposal. I vote for long, holiday weekends rather than confused minds and bodies.

That said, we had a very nice 4th of July, aside from me desperately wanting it to be Saturday. Ha ha!

10 comments:

  1. ,,,senseable, but it won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were working, we always gave our employees the Monday before the holiday, off so they could enjoy a 4 day weekend. Same thing if it fell on a thursday...4 day weekend. If it fell on a Wednesday...so sorry! lolol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm voting for a more relaxed Independence Day.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. HaHa..thats exactly what my current post is about.
    I vote yes indeed on First Friday Celebration!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete