Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Bits and Pieces

*  I like three day weekends...

*  I like short work weeks...

* I went to the doctor about my back (again). I went 4 years ago and the doctor was ready to send me for an MRI. This doctor was calmer, suggested it is perhaps sacroiliitis and prescribed an anti-inflammatory medication along with a bit of physical therapy. He also gave me some exercises to try. Bending and lifting all day is hard on the aging body.

*  May was a month of processing thoughts and emotions. I'm sure it will carry over into June and beyond. I'm learning about Emotional Phantoms. (Kind of like a phantom limb, which is something I thought about over the weekend...) 

*  No new room update. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel itself is long and dark.

*  A friend and I are planning to go on a little vacation in August. It involves sand and water and I think it will be fun. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. ...arthritis in my right knee has me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice you have the freedom to plan little get-a-ways, The plate of food looks delicious. Always something...I'm doing exercises for my "bladder" issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be pinching some pennies but I'm sure the trip will be worthwhile.
      Oh, yeah, those bladder issues! They're NOT fun.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you have some water therapy coming in August..
    Glad you found a new doctor with some new ways of healing for you. this sounds doable.
    Hope your tunnel gets brighter as the room gets closer to being finished.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the bedroom will be at a standstill for awhile... I do like this new doctor. I felt like he was listening and I have hope for feeling much improvement. Water therapy is always fantastic. Mountains are fabulous too although they're not on the agenda at the moment.

      Delete