Friday, October 22, 2021

Bits and Pieces

 * Zyrtec withdrawal is going well. I still get itchy but every day is getting better. I've taken both Benadry and NyQuil throughout the week (Yes, I do know they contain antihistamines.) to help me sleep at night. They don't have the same intense itching withdrawal symptoms and I feel confident that I won't become addicted to either one. I honestly only wanted to get through my first week without the Zyrtec and will try sleeping the weekend without either one. I'm no longer wanting to scratch myself down to the bone, so something good must be happening.

* I spent the entire week with babies, anywhere from 3 to 4 of them. On Tuesday I had a clingy 14 month old who eventually spiked a fever. She is such a sweet little thing. I already knew early on that she wasn't feeling well, and since we've had both RSV and Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease going through the daycare, I was fairly confident something was cooking. Her daddy came to get her not too very much into the afternoon. The rest of the week has been spent with Very Littles, anywhere from 6 months down to 3. It's been a busy week full of bottles, diaper changes, and cuddles.

* Last night a few of my own grandchildren were here. I got to snuggle the mermaid and she went to sleep in my arms. *sigh* Number 12 (Logan) and I played catch with a stuffed dolphin while his brothers and Idris bounced off the ceiling and walls. Ha ha! I went from my work daycare home to another. What a fabulous day!


5 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like the perfect Martha Day...Snuggles and Cuddles...Especially with your own precious family.
    Glad to hear your itching is getting less and less. So good to break that addictive med. even as good as it is...
    Hope your weekend goes well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very snuggly week. Ha ha! And noisy.
      Tonight I am very itchy. They say the only way out of this is through it. I am determined to reach the other side, now that I know it's possible.
      I'm looking forward to good things this weekend. I hope yours is wonderful as well.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. So glad you are not itching so much. Don is doing MUCH better too. Whatever it was....is going away! PTL.
    Your mermaid is adorable. I so miss not having little ones...too many of my grandchildren want careers not children. This world we live in. At least 2 adult grandkids had both got engaged this month! Yeah! Could there be a few more greats in my future???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I spoke too soon. I am quite itchy this evening. Much more than yesterday. I am pressing on and eager to reach the other side of this ordeal. So glad Don is doing better.
      That mermaid is pretty cute. I'm here praying another great grandchild for you.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Martha...If nothing else I may have to volunteer for the Church Nursery!!

      Delete