Monday, November 20, 2017

Snow!

My alarm is set for 5:50 am but I rarely get up before pushing the snooze button a time or two. This morning, however, it did not go off at all, and so I did not push the snooze or get up. When I finally looked at my clock and it said 6:50. I jumped out of bed! I had ten minutes to get ready for work. (And here I'd just been telling the Cabinet Maker how I'd not yet been late...)

I jumped out of bed, but it took my brain a minute to decide what to do. No time to shower or make coffee... I threw on some clothes, grabbed my hairbrush and allergy medicine, and hurried downstairs. There was half a cup of coffee in my French press and five inches of snow covering my car. (Thank you to my husband who not only changed my tires on Saturday, but bought me a new snow brush/ice scraper. I needed them today.) Under the heaped up snow was a thin layer of ice, as if waking up late wasn't enough.

I wasn't the only one running behind. Sergio's alarm didn't sound either and he was out brushing snow off his car too. I don't know whether or not he made it to work on time, but I punched in at 7:30 on the dot! How cool is that? And you know what? Tom probably does. There was scarcely any snow when I got there.

3 comments:

  1. Phew, glad you made it on time! Sounds like quite a morning! Mine was uneventful, but I came home with a headache. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you got so much more than we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn’t go to Wayne this morning, but headed into the city of Rochester for the beginning of a two day conference. I carpooled with a coworker from Victor. As we traveled north, we saw several cars with inches of snow on them. We had only a dusting.

    ReplyDelete