Saturday, May 03, 2014

Please Pray

The little town of Webster, NY has surely seen it's share of pain and sorrow the past few years and last Saturday evening brought another tragic event. A horrendous car accident has left a seventeen year old girl in guarded condition, fighting for her life, while her friend and driver of the car faces felony charges. (Part of the story is here)

This story touches close to home too. The girl was once part of our church youth group, one led by my son and his wife. Her cousin is a personal friend. Two years ago they traveled "home" to Ukraine together and I know he is hurting too. He is away at medical school and probably not able to come home. I'm thankful to have been able to send him a note to tell him he is in my thoughts and prayers. The whole story makes me so sad...

A fund has been set up to help offset medical expenses. If you feel so inclined to donate, here is the link. And thank you for praying.

2 comments: